Welding Procedure Specification (WPS), Procedure Qualification Record (PQR), Welding Operators Qualification, Welders Qualification and Certification Services.
Welding is a modern manufacturing process that joins two or more materials. Just joining the two members is not enough to with stand the loads for longer duration. Hence it is essential to prove that a welding procedure meets the quality standards set forth and also to ensure the welder is capable of producing consistently good quality, defect fee welds.
A welding procedure is a systematic method that is used to repeatedly produce sound quality weld joints. Various national and international fabrication codes, standards and specifications are currently being followed to prepare welding procedure specifications (WPS) to qualify the fabrications welding procedures. The procedure qualification record PQR is a document that consists of record of test results on the welded coupon.
Trinity NDT has over two decades of serving the customers through certification of their welders to International standards, codes and specifications. Our team on Welder Qualification tests, Welding Inspection and welding consulting services comprises of Welding experts with decades of welding related experience with leading welding and fabrication companies. Our welding inspectors are certified to American Welding Society AWS-Certified Welding Inspectors, CSWIP 3.1 and other internationally recognized personnel certifications. The panel of experts at Trinity NDT can work together with clients and their counterparts for specific requirements to establish Welder Qualification tests.
Advantages of Outsourcing your Welder Qualification Tests :
- Vast Experience in establishing WPS to international standards or codes including qualifying as per standards
- Facility to outsource necessary tests to while establishing WPS
- In house Nondestructive testing Lab facility
- Delivery of Test Results in Record time
- Economical and affordable Welder Qualification and certification services
- Ability to Hand hold clients to train as per specific test parameters and fine tune their welders to the requirement of their customers
- Wide spectrum of welding expertise working with combination of materials for modern applications
- Consulting services to improve quality of welding on shop floors
Establishing Correect welding procedure involves:
- Planning the welding tasks effectively
- Collecting the data pertaining quality requirements
- Writing a Welding procedure for use of for trial
- Making a test weld under the supervision of welding inspector
- Evaluating the results
- Approving the procedure for welding
- Preparing the documentation as per specification or code
After the testing is completed and all the relevant results collated, the results need to be assessed in accordance with the relevant code/standard. The results are then generally recorded
Before procedure approval.
After procedure approval
Welding procedure test record
- PWPS: Preliminary Welding Procedure Specification
- WPS: Welding Procedure Specification
- WPAR (WPQR): Welding Procedure Approval Record
Objective of a welding procedure test
- To give maximum confidence that the welds mechanical and metallurgical properties meet the requirements of the applicable code/specification.
- Each welding procedure will show a range to which the procedure is approved (extent of approval)
- If a customer queries the approval, evidence can be supplied to prove its validity
Expertise is utilized to perform the following activities related to Welder Qualification tests
- Preparing Welding Procedure specifications(WPS) as per codes and standards
- Witnessing, third party inspection of welder qualifications tests
- Preparing WPS, PQR, WPQ
- Analysis of Mechanical and Metallurgical tests
- Carrying out Radiography (X-ray and Gamma ray) Ultrasonic inspection, magnetic particle inspection, liquid penetrant inspection, visual inspection and other NDT inspection tests as the case may be, as per code or standard requirement
- Facility for Training welders on various welding processes
- Welding inspector certification for welding inspection personnel.
Some important standards and codes related to Welding procedure qualification tests being used for Welders Qualification:
- ASME SEC IX: ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
- AWS D1.1: Structural Welding Code – Steel
- AWS D1.2: Structural Welding Code – Aluminum
- AWS D1.3: Structural Welding Code - Sheet Metal
- AWS D17.1: Specification for fusion welding of aerospace applications
- BS EN ISO 15614 – 1 : Specification and qualification of welding procedures of metallic material – welding procedure test
- BS EN ISO 15609 – 1 : Specification and qualification of welding procedures of metallic material – welding procedure Specification
- BS EN ISO 9606 – 1: Qualification test of Welders – Fusion welding – steels
- BS EN ISO 287 – 1: Qualification test of Welders – Fusion welding – steels